Saturday, November 17, 2007

A little update

Well, we did make it to Tennessee safe and sound. It has been such a whirlwind two weeks. A couple days after we made it to our new home, we had to pack back up for a trip to Chattanooga for Tommy's cousin's wedding. We got back home on Saturday night, and had to take Kolton to the emergency room on Sunday. He woke up around midnight trying to cry, but not being able to because he couldn't breathe. I have never been so scared in my life. Thank the Lord my mom and dad were close enough to rush over to check on him. After we had him up for a few minutes he calmed down enough to breathe, but he was still really struggling, so we decided to take him on to the hospital (and for those of you who have ever seen my bedhead hair, you know what a treat those doctors were in for :0) He ended up having the flu/croup, and after a couple of breathing treatments he was okay, but they still had to keep him there for a few hours for observation. Thankfully, he is fully recovered now. Needless to say, my poor house hasn't gotten the attention it has needed...we unpacked what we needed and threw (literally) the rest of the boxes in the spare bedroom to tend to at a later date...I've gone to WalMart about 10 times buying something I know I have but can't find in the mass of boxes...although my favorite shoes are in there somewhere, and they, at least at this point,have been irreplaceable. Oh the woes of moving!

3 comments:

Joy said...

That must have been so scary! I'm glad that everything's okay. :) Don't worry, things will be settled before you know it...just hang in there.

Shane and Kristy Davis said...

Glad you made it to TN safely. I'll be praying for Kolton...that's pretty bad stuff. Remember, take it one day at a time.

Matt and Trisha Bookout said...

Hey Jen! It was good to hear that you moved in safely. I do not miss those days at all! I still have boxes in the garage from our move 1 year ago. The last house we lived in had an entire room devoted to boxes. We moved there "temporarily" and ended up staying for over a year! It's nice to have a garage now though to store our junk! Hope everything goes good for you in TN.