Monday, October 29, 2007

We're moving!!!

After weeks and weeks of praying and seeking God's will, it's official...we're moving! And I could not be more excited!! Now, don't get me wrong, I love my church family and will miss them very much, but after 2 long years of being 10 hours away from our family, we're happy to be getting closer (I know for some of you, 10 hours isn't that far, but it felt like an eternity to this girl!) We have known about the move for a couple of weeks, but just told the church this past Sunday ~ that is why we had to be hush-hush about it (of course, Pastor knew ahead of time). There are tentative plans for next year, but for now, we are moving to Tennessee! Tommy has a couple of classes he wants to take at Crown, and last year some friends of ours started a church just 10 minutes from where we'll be living, so we're going to go and help them out in their ministry. Best of all, I'll only be living 30 minutes from my mom :o) The only bad thing I can forsee is that I'll get used to having my parents around again, and then we'll be off to a different place. But, I'm going to enjoy it while I can! Thank you all for praying for us...and keep it up! Tommy will be needing to find a job, but since my parents are in the area, they have been keeping an eye out for one, and do have a couple of leads...just pray that one of them works out. And, as you can see from the pictures, I need your prayers during the move. For those of you who don't know me all that well, I am somewhat of a neat/clean freak (it runs in my family...if you know them, you can testify to that!) Anyway, this mess is about to drive me bananas! Kolton doesn't know what to think, he just keeps running around and around hitting the boxes and pulling out stuff that I just packed. He's even learned how to tear off the packing tape. Well, I'm now in the midst of trying to organize the chaos, so I must go...Moving tips anyone???






6 comments:

sarah lauren said...

Agghh!! I am soo excited! I can't believe it...I am in shock! This is great. I will be praying for you all during the move. I know it can be trying. I love you! Oh...guess who I saw a couple of weeks ago?? Our dear friend...guess who...(she used to be AE till she got married). I just can't believe she knew my name. :)

Shane and Kristy Davis said...

So excited that you are moving near your mom! I know what you mean about getting used to her being around. We moved back to AL for deputation, and I got spoiled by living in the same house! I'll be praying that all goes smoothly with the move.

The Pepin Family said...

That is so exciting! I look forward to seeing you around. :)

ap

Joy said...

I'm happy things are settled for you guys. We will keep praying for you. I'll pray for your move. I totally feel your pain. I don't have a little one "helping" me, but moving is really tough. But having just finished unpacking a house, I can say that it will be over soon for you. :)

The Howell Family said...

We just moved cross country, so here is a tip...Have a yard sale and get rid of anything you don't need! It is much easier when you have to unpack! It is great that you will be close to your parents!! Have fun!!

Stephanie Fowler said...

Wow! That is exciting news! I can't wait to see Kolton in person. I can't stand clutter either so I feel your pain from all the boxes. This too shall pass :)