Monday, September 24, 2007

Messiness...

Ok, so I don't know why my last few posts have been centered around food, but anyway...After talking to my mother on the phone the other day, I decided it was time to start teaching Kolton to feed himself. Thinking of the mess that was sure the follow this decision, I was hesitant...but my mom brought to my attention that he was over a year old, and the mess wasn't going to get any less as he got older, so I might as well get it over with. He has been feeding himself with his fingers for a long time, but still, I was surprised at how coordinated he was at getting the spoon in his mouth (some could say it is a talent genetically passed down from his parents :o) Needless to say, he very much enjoyed eating his Dannon yogurt by himself, and I've noticed that since we've started with that, there's no going back...chicken noodle soup, mashed potatoes, oatmeal...he thinks he should be feeding himself everything... Close up of the messiness...he's taking this feeding thing very seriously!!
As you can see, he really does love food! :o)

6 comments:

Joy said...

How sweet. I think I will feel the same way, I'd rather do it myself than deal with the mess. :) It probably won't last too long though, and it's so cute! I love the close-up picture.

Jake and Amy Burkholder said...

He is so cute. I'm sure that this will be a great adventure for both of you and just wait till it's Tommy's turn. I just love seeing all that is going on in your family. Have a great day!!!

Amy

sarah lauren said...

so funny!! That is what I look like after eating most of the time!! :) Jen, I don't have a life right now...:( but when I do, I will write a post about it. Love you!!!

Shane and Kristy Davis said...

So cute! Looks like he's doing a great job. I feel your pain-Marshall is 16 months and he is wanting to feed himself.

The Pepin Family said...

Don't worry...he won't be that messy for long. :O)

ap

Trent Cornwell said...

You guys have such a cute kid. We are excited to find this blog so we can see the great things God is doing in the Bartlett family! If you guys ever come through Atlanta give us a call.

Stephanie and Trent Cornwell