Friday, September 7, 2007

It's the little moments

This evening was nothing out of the ordinary...Tommy had a youth activity, but since Kolton hasn't been feeling well the last couple of days, we decided it would be best for Kolton and I to just hang out at home this time. So, after Tommy left, we played a little bit with the new train set Mamaw Bartlett got for him, then we watched Reba (something that we definitely only get to do when Dad's gone!), and after that it was snack time...we had Chinese for supper, and you know how that doesn't stick to your ribs very long! So, as usual, I sat Kolton up on the counter and he "helped" me make our graham cracker and peanut butter and strawberry cream cheese snacks (he loves them...and so do I!) As we were working, I couldn't help but think about how often I take these little moments for granted. I had to stop right there and thank the Lord for all the blessings He has given me in my life. A wonderful husband and a healthy son, good food to eat, a nice home to live in...and the list goes on and on. I get to live these little moments every day, and so often I'm busy rushing around doing work, that I don't take the time to dwell on them and really, truly enjoy them! So, that's what I'm doing tonight ~ as my sweet little boy is asleep in his room, and my precious husband just called from the activity to say "I love you", I'm taking the time to dwell on and thank the Lord for the little moments that make up my wonderful life.




5 comments:

Joy said...

What a sweet post. I was just thinking the other day that I have a dream life, too. You have a precious son and I can't wait to enjoy mine the way you enjoy yours!

Stephanie Fowler said...

How precious! He is just adorable! You are right, it is so easy just to go about our business and forget to "enjoy the journey." I am truly blessed also! I do not want to take it for granted. The Lord is so good!

I love seeing pictures of "Little Tommy" - he looks just like him!

sarah lauren said...

aww...Jen!! Tears came to my eyes when I read your post. We all have SO MUCH to be grateful for...no matter what circumstances we have in our lives. Thank you for reminding me. Love you!

The Howell Family said...

Hey Jen! You might not remember me. You taught one of my classes right before you moved. Meghan (Bradley) Howell. Kolton is so handsome! He does look like his daddy, but I think he looks alot like you too! Good to see you again (even though it is through pictures!).

Shane and Kristy Davis said...

Hey Jen,
Just found your blog and wanted to say "hi". Kolton is so cute. I enjoyed the birthday pictures.
www.canadianchronicles.blogspot.com