Monday, June 23, 2008

The date is set!!!

Finally...the date has been set! Karleigh Elaine is set to arrive on July 3rd...unless she has plans of her own. My doctor decided that a planned c-section is necessary, because of the type of complications I had with Kolton. That's over a week away, but I've started packing already - just in case! This pregnancy has gone more smoothly than the last time, for which I'm thankful. It seems that the biggest worry I have is Kolton and how much I will miss him while I'm in the hospital! Even as I write this, I start to tear up at the thought of being gone from him 3 nights in a row!! Of course, I also cried today when I finished the last book in the Karen Kingsbury series. Boy, are pregnant women emotional! (but, seriously, those characters felt like part of my family by the end!)
As you know, Tommy is currently commuting back and forth from my parents here in Kentucky to West Virginia to work at the church on the weekends. On the days that he is here, we've been able to take Kolton on some outings. One such outing was the zoo...but, of course I forgot my camera, so no pictures of that. I did, however, remember my camera for Ripley's Aquarium, so I'm posting a few of the cute pictures I captured throughout the day.

Here, Kolton is "swimming" like a fish.
When we were at the petting area of the aquarium, I though for sure Kolton would freak out when the man stuck the...what is it? sting ray?? I can't remember, it's way too late for my brain to think clearly... anyway, stuck the "thing" up to Kolton and asked him if he wanted to pet it. Much to my dismay, my thumb sucking son reached down and touched it a couple of times before he stuck his thumb back in his mouth. It's been a couple of days since then, and Kolton seems fine, so I'm guessing no diseases were contracted from the interaction.
One of the few shots I captured of Kolton standing still.
In awe of the "Nemo" fish. He kept screaming "Meno, Meno!" "Dorie???"
Nothing completes a good day like a big plate of spaghetti!

2 comments:

Joy said...

Oh he is so cute! And so brave! :) I'll be praying for you as Karleigh arrives! I hope it all goes well. Can't wait to see pictures of her!

Deanna said...

We are doing great! We will be praying for a safe arrival for Karleigh! That is such a beautiful name. = )